GAZELLE TRANSPORTATION is SEEKING An AREA MANAGER
Successful transportation company seeking a full time individual who is highly motivated and team-orientated!!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities as listed but not limited to:
- Oversee day-to-day operations and coordinate field employees to cover driver teams accordingly.
- Accomplish assigned objectives by managing assigned staff; planning and evaluating department activities and goals.
- Lead staff performance with direct observation, system metric review, equipment audits, and customer feedback.
- Mentor/develop staff and other team members to achieve objectives. Provide specific objectives and feedback to employees supporting performance management consistent with the management process.
- Maintain exceptional operations on a daily and ongoing basis for maximized efficiency and compliance.
- Maintain costs and profits within budget and meet other company and performance metric goals.
- Develop professional and supportive relations with drivers and other staff to ensure collaboration, to foster idea generation from employees and implement improvement ideas with management.
- Dialog with assigned staff on a consistent bases to ensure an understanding of company objectives and provide compelling leadership to employees regarding performance and development.
- Ensure/deploy training, review/enforce procedures and utilize fair and consistent performance management to obtain results. Respond to/investigate incidents to ensure root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Execute operational audits, internal controls audits, and support audits performed by external parties including agencies. Implement corrective action for all deficiencies within the target date. Take action to meet company objectives and all safety and compliance targets. Develop action plans to reach performance goals.
- Provide input and assist in development in policies, procedures, training, and audit protocols.
- Lead driver trainings to ensure compliance and sufficient topics/material are covered to align with staff performance and training needs.
- Build and maintain professional relationships with customers. Routinely visit critical customer locations to verify customer satisfaction.
- Develop ability and proficiency to use systems for analysis and reporting.
- Ensure timely entry of data into all systems used by the organization.
- Drive corrective action to hit metric targets. Monitor and ensure that company leading indicators and coaching effectiveness are being met.
- Coordinate with management on improvement and re-training opportunities to develop a compelling and effective coaching capability across operations.
Minimum Qualifications / Competencies:
- High school diploma
- Ability to proactively problem-solve, work independently or in a team environment as warranted.
- Possess problem solving skills to develop feasible solutions to problems and make difficult and/or critical decisions.
- Possess strong time management skills to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Experience with project management
- Computer literacy
- Must possess strong organizational and communication skills, and able to excel under pressure.
- Possess valid, Class A License with HazMat and Tanker endorsements.
- Possess clean driving record.
- Weekly pay
- Bonus Potential
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick pay
- Full benefit package ( Health, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k plan and FSA)
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $105,000.00 per year
How to Apply:
Submit application and resume via at the following link:
Qualified applicants may be contacted for an onsite job interview.