The Field Safety Manager will have a wide range of responsibilities that ensure incident free crude oil hauling activities, regulatory compliance, world-class service and environmental stewardship in Carlsbad, NM.
**Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities**
– Ensure all drivers are meeting Gazelle Transportation Inc. and customer expectations
– Manage customer concerns to ensure complete satisfaction, as well as conduct timely employee feedback coaching to close gaps
– Respond immediately to all safety incidents and events. Manage situation per Gazelle Transportation, Inc policy for proper response
– Maintain safety certifications for role (ex: H2S Safety, 1st Aid/CPR, Smith Defensive Driving, and Safe – – – Work Practices for general oilfield safety).
– Maintain strong, healthy, professional relationships with all customers
– Conduct and facilitate monthly safety meetings
– Conduct on-site observations on a regular basis in order to identify potential or current site hazards. Prepare and manage action plan to migrate.
– Audit and report driver safety performance in your area of control
– Provide leadership by example, establishing and maintaining quality standards
– Conduct in-house safety training on applicable Health and Safety subjects
– High school diploma or GED equivalent
– Safety certifications preferred, but not required
– 5 years of Health, Environmental and Safety related work experience, including 2 years of supervisory and/or management experience (Previous Oil and Gas Industry experience will be considered)
– Basic knowledge Microsoft Word and Outlook
– Valid driver’s license and driving record acceptable to Gazelle’s insurance carrier
**Essential Position Requirements**
– Possess analytical skills to identify problems, review courses of action and make decisions
– Possess problem solving skills to develop feasible solutions to problems, recommend actions and refer problems to upper management when necessary
– Possess planning and organizational skills to develop long-range plans to solve complex problems and recommend actions
– Possess strong communication skills to effectively convey ideas, both written and oral
– Possess general knowledge and understanding of Fed/State/DOT/FMCSA Regulations
– Possess reading ability to effectively convey ideas and information contained in memos, reports, bulletins, etc.
– Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers and employees of the organization and project a professional image
– Possess creative decision making skills to evaluate or make independent decisions based on experience and/or knowledge without supervision
– Ability to comprehend and to follow instructions verbally or in written form
– Strong time management skills to meet deadlines balanced with a strong attention to detail and quality
– Possess exceptional customer service skills to properly interact with clients and other outside parties on a regular basis
**We have top of the line benefits including**
Health, Dental, Vision, Life, LTD
Pay will be DOE
Send completed application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration